To manage and monitor the security functions encountered with Air Arabia daily operations in the respective station ensuring safety, security, and smooth workflow in line with Company’s policies and regulatory requirements.
Employs technical and investigation skills to monitor security handling at check-in, baggage handling, and ramp handling areas and control passengers and aircraft searching to minimize risks and eliminate threats.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Assists the Airport Manager in monitoring the Operational and Security functions; ensures compliance of respective station’s handling agents with agreed “Security Measures and Standards” as per Air Arabia policies and procedures laid down in the stations’ operation manual.
- Monitors ramp, airside, check-in, and aircraft restricted and controlled zones ensuring they are safe, secured, and accessed by authorized personnel only.
- Controls access through verifying and checking airport passes, identification or/and travel documents of passengers, staff, and airport users to ensure eligibility and legality.
- Carries out necessary physical search on all personnel passing through the Restricted Zones using provided archway metal detectors; conducts manual body searching whenever necessary.
- Conducts thorough search on all items being carried into the aircraft including handbags using X-Ray and explosive trace equipment as well as manual search. Ensures no prohibited articles are taken into the Restricted Zone that may endanger aircraft, passengers, or crew.
- Responds to and assists the Airport Manager in handling AOG, emergencies, technical delays, disruptions and service recovery with utmost efficiency and control.
- Reports to the “Airport Manager” and Head Office all security incidents/accidents, acts according to approved procedures and completes the appropriate agreed documentation circulated earlier.
- Ensures all “Dangerous Goods” related incidents to respective local authorities and the headquarters immediately.
Key Result Responsibilities – Continued
- Monitors adherence of handling agents to Company’s policies and procedures and to regulatory requirements; supports staff in providing efficient and safe passenger service and guides them in critical complex situations. Reports non-compliance to Airport Manager for corrective measures.
- Monitors the baggage handling system and traces lost luggage daily; resolves related customers’ complaints. Conducts necessary investigations to manage unattended luggage reports; compiles necessary reports and forwards to Airport Manager accordingly.
- Ensures security of the held baggage throughout the entire process, carries out necessary anti-sabotage checks for baggage prior to loading as per set standards.
- Escorts valuable cargo or items to ensure their security.
- Carries out SLPC (Single-Leaver Power Control) as required; ensure the safe guarding of aircraft on bay.
- Monitors the collections from Excess Baggage, Go Show, Wheelchair, and Seat Sales and reports to Airport Manager any deficiencies; achieves target and provides excellent services.
- Ensures appropriate information is provided to the local authority if required and that all advisories or circulars received from Security and Ground Operations are communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Monitors the GHAs, GSAs performance in terms of security measures; recommends enhancements and changes as necessary to ensure legality and protect Company’s interests.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Higher diploma or equivalent in any discipline would be acceptable for this role.
- Basic Airport Safety and Security procedures trainings are a must; he/she must undergo refresher training to retrain qualified security staff status.
- “IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations” training or certificate is a must for this role.
- Has no previous criminal conviction.
- Be dynamic and physically fit; capable of handling people and heavy material when needed.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and reports writing.
- Good English Language, Arabic Language may be conditional for certain regions.
- 3 years of relevant working experience in Airlines/Aviation industry in a similar role handling security.
- Must have a minimum of 1years of experience in a supervisory role in a station with departure/arrival flights; experience with low cost airline is a plus.
- Good knowledge in IATA/ Civil Aviation Authorities and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations pertaining to Ground Handling working procedures and operating standards, GHAs, GSAs, etc.
- Experience in Cargo, Ramp, Dispatch, DGR, and Load Control is an added value.
- Experienced in monitoring service level agreements (SLAs) from security measures perspective.
- Capable for monitoring adherence to policies, procedures in line with standards and regulations.
- Familiar with QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices affecting Ground Operations.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with control.
- Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying irregularities and recommending solutions.
- Has a sharp eye with good investigation skills; high accuracy and attention to details.
- Possesses effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills.