– Participate in concurrent engineering teams to define ATA32 Landing Gear Extension Retraction, Steering, and/or Brake Control Functional requirements covering one or more of either mechanical, electrical or avionics disciplines.
– Participate in concurrent engineering teams to define reliability and safety-related landing gear system requirements.
– Participate in the process of aircraft certification.
– Develop and govern SAFRAN Landing Systems ARP Certification Plans, Guidelines, and Standards
– Act as the lead in the ARP configuration and change management process for all ATA 32 systems for both new and legacy programs
– Liaison with regulatory authorities for the purpose of demonstrating design compliance for all new and changes to legacy programs
– Lead change management process within SAFRAN Landing Systems covering systems, performance, design, and analysis
– Perform trade studies to establish preferred systems architecture based on safety, reliability, and maintainability.
– Liaison with customers and suppliers on technical aspects of the program.
– Conduct/coordinate review of supplier technical documentation.
– Prepare technical presentation for the customer including coordination of the supplier input
– Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering Physics, or Engineering Science)
– A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
– Previous experience and understanding of FAR 25.1309 and SAE ARP 4754A/4761 definite assets.
– Previous experience and understanding of RTCA/DO-178b/c a definite assets.
– Previous experience and understanding of Model-Based Safety Analysis are definite assets.
– Proficient computer skills including good knowledge of one of the R&S software (CAFTA, RELEX, ITEM, or equivalent).
– Experience with “DOORS” requirements management software is an asset
– Understanding and ability to apply safety, reliability, and maintainability concepts
– Knowledge of applicable aerospace standards and airworthiness concepts.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
– Strong verbal and written communication skills