Do you want to disassemble customer landing gears to a high standard and without causing damage to any individual components? Are you seeking a new challenge?
Well, this opportunity was made for you! Go for it and apply now
As the Teardown Mechanic, you will perform the following duties
- Disassemble customer landing gears I.A.W the manufacturer instructions (CMM).
- Avoid additional damage and work with the team to communicate required improvements to tooling and processes.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Control of personal and company tools.
- Awareness and understanding of LTLGS computer-based MOE (IQMove)
- Uphold housekeeping standards.
- Report to the Leading Hand / Team Leader if damage occurs so that improvements can be investigated.
- Embrace an open reporting culture.
- Participate and contribute to team dialog meetings.
- Carry out missing and damaged inspections.
* Takeover of additional tasks when required.
The ideal Teardown Mechanic must fulfill the following requirements:
- Education is equivalent to GCSE A-C grades.
- It would be advantageous but not essential that the applicant would have served an apprenticeship within a mechanical assembly/disassembly environment.
- Illustrate previous knowledge and experience of the use of hand tools.
- Good knowledge, awareness, and understanding of PPE.
- Previous use of overhead cranes and forklifts would be preferable.
- Great team player.
- Good communicator.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Able to follow instructions and learn/absorb working methods.
- An excellent approach to quality, health, and safety.
- Good manual dexterity.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group – the world’s leading provider of maintenance, repair, and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers’ aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing, and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation, and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.