To manage the technical procurement for the engineering and maintenance activities of Air Arabia fleet and 3rd Party aircraft including spare parts, components, tools, and equipment.
Handles the respective contracts, purchases, and payments as per Air Arabia approved standards and in line with regulations and approved specifications.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Acts as an interface between Stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure all the technical procurement requirements are been purchased and delivered timely and cost-effectively as per Company’s defined measures and Airbus approved specifications.
- Supports in setting up a strategy, operating procedures, and Suppliers’ KPIs to ensure the best quality and prices are being achieved for all goods and services prior to signing any contract with suppliers.
- Takes part in the negotiations conducted with suppliers on commercial contracts terms and prices ensuring all are done as per Air Arabia’s adopted procedures and quality standards, Airworthiness regulations, and as per Airbus and OEMs’ approved specifications.
- Evaluates new vendors and suppliers and carries necessary arrangements and pre-qualification requirements, if needed, in coordination with Quality Assurance and Finance Departments.
- Supports in assessing the performance of existing vendors and suppliers prior to renewing contracts; monitors the vendors’ valuation forms, questionnaires, reports, history, payments, etc.; identifies alternate providers whenever needed.
- Establishes the required credit references and account set-up procedures in conjunction with the Finance Department and respective suppliers; coordinates to resolve any pricing or payments issues.
- Partners with the Stores Inspector to control any stores’ discrepancies, mismatches, es, or damages and to resolve the same with suppliers immediately.
- Ensures minimum stock level of parts is maintained; raises orders for replenishments and replacements against scraped items as per adopted procedures.
- Partners with Stakeholders to manage the “Robbery” of engines or components to ensure continued airworthiness and operational requirements of aircraft.
- Establishes effective relationships with cross-functional teams to enhance productivity and quality of services provided by the procurement team; raises issues and suggestions to the corresponding manager accordingly.
- Assists in conducting competitive bid exercises to test pricing and sourcing strategies. Handles the formalities related to tender submissions as per approved and adopted procedures.
- Raises and follows up on the quotation requests, purchase orders, exchange orders, and loan orders using the inventory control system. Chases outstanding purchase orders for on-time delivery and updates the details regularly to avoid generating AOG orders.
- Ensures all entries have confirmed prices and agreed on deliveries to the production schedule.
- Coordinates with the AOG desk and logistics team for all requirements whenever it is necessary.
- Maintains records and an up-to-date database of all details related to suppliers, vendors, customers, prices, transactions, payments, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or equivalent from a recognized university; a degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Electro-Mechanical or equivalent is highly preferred.
- Alternately, a higher diploma or certificate in the related field from a recognized university or engineering college combined with the needed experience and exposure.
- The engineering Inventory Software certificate is a plus.
- Project Management certificate, or alternately the proven corresponding working experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills.
- Professional membership in associations related to the Aviation/airline industry is a plus.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- 3+ years related working experience in a similar role handling technical procurement in the Engineering Department in the Aviation industry; the low-cost airline is an advantage.
- Specialized industry knowledge in procurement & inventory management systems, acquisition & Contract management.
- Possesses appropriate knowledge of the legal requirements of the GCAA.
- Experienced in Vendor relationships: tender submissions, contracts, and SLAs of technical nature.
- Developed skills in cost-estimation analysis and managing budget.
- Experienced in working with a team of professionals (Engineers and Technicians) in a frequently changing environment with heavy workload schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Experienced in implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying variations, and recommending cost-effective solutions.