TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER – POWERPLANT
AirAsia X is hiring a dynamic, detailed, analytical Technical Services Engineer to join our exciting team. The Technical Services Engineer will provide technical support for aircraft APU and engine issues under ATA 49, 54, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75,77, 78, 79, and 80.
- Provide effective and efficient technical support to aircraft operations.
- Prepare and issue the required technical documents in accordance with approved procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with manufacturers, suppliers, aviation authorities, or any reliable sources to facilitate analysis of engineering issues.
- Evaluate continuing airworthiness data and provide sentencing recommendations to Modification Evaluation Meeting for approval.
- Provide approved data for technical instruction such as inspection, modification, and repair which is not within the scope of any of the manufacturer’s manuals.
- Ensure all technical documents issued meet the requirements of the department’s approval system.
- Manage APU and engine condition monitoring program to maintain inherent reliability.
- Manage off-wing maintenance program to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor engine and APU oil consumption through the AMOS database system and inputs from Line Maintenance.
- Assist Reliability section in conducting root cause analysis and provide remedies for excessive and abnormal wear, malfunctions, or premature removals.
- Undertake development study to improve aircraft dispatch reliability and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Responsible to undertake the necessary corrective and preventive action resulting from compliance monitoring and audit program findings.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering/Aircraft Engineering/Aviation Engineering and other engineering fields/sciences related to aircraft from recognized institutions with a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant working experience as a Technical Services Engineer.
- Candidates from Aviation/airline industry are highly encouraged to apply and will be a plus point.
- Strong working knowledge of aviation and power tools, computers, and diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent manual dexterity, attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in a team is important as you will be working with a wide range of people. You will need to be able to work with suppliers, clients, and managers on a daily basis.
We are all different – one talent to another – that is how we rely on our differences. At AirAsia, you will be treated fairly and given all chances to be your best. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Search Firm Representatives – AirAsia does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place.