Location: Bangalore, IndiaThales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that controls the world’s largest commercial aircraft. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters, and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference. Thales is expanding its presence in India through the development of a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing its position as a leader in all its markets. Launching in early 2019 in Bengaluru, the ECC will expand Thales’ footprint in its core business areas and cement its long-standing relationship with India. This ECC, the first of its kind in India, will focus on hardware, software, and systems engineering capabilities for both the civil and defense sectors. India, and in particular Bengaluru, was chosen as the location for the new ECC due to the existing ecosystem – its proximity to the market, competence in research and development, and abundance of skilled engineers. Both the needs of the local market and export markets will be catered for, meaning those who join Thales will have the opportunity of working on diverse projects with a high level of complexity, innovating in all the different markets we are present in. We’re inventing the future, right here, right now. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question, and the vision to create, together we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales India Engineering Competency Center in Bangalore is seeking a Lead / Senior Lead engineer role to be part of the Hardware engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for FPGA/ASIC verification, implementing Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) FPGAs, ASICs, SoCs, and IPs verification for Avionics/defense / any high-security systems applications. Responsibilities also include automation of data sequencing, test procedures development, reaching coverage goals, etc.
Qualifications: B.Tech in Electronics & Communication or Electrical engineering or equivalent with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
Higher qualifications for Post-graduation and Ph.D. are desirable. Working experience in Aerospace products development is desirable
- FPGA or IP Design using VHDL / Verilog / SystemVerilog, Implementation, Testing, Integration, and delivery of FPGA-based hardware systems for Aerospace Applications. Some IPs will also target ASIC products.
- Expertise in Requirements Capture, developing Design Specification, detailed design & other technical artifacts.
- Experience in developing test strategy, verification plan, coverage, and setting up UVM verification environment.
- Experience in developing test benches in SystemVerilog, writing scripts to automate test procedures, and performing regular non-regression tests
- Experience in analyzing the test results and preparing test reports with conclusions.
- Hands-on experience with the UVM methodology, flow control simulation/synthesis / routing
- Experience in Aldec/VCS/Questa UVM simulation and debugging tools
- Experience in any scripting language for automation Python / Perl
- Release of developed items in accordance with configuration management using GIT, SVN, ClearCase…).
- Provide project schedule estimates and technical risk identification, and status updates.
- Degree qualified in electrical/electronic engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Verification using UVM & System Verilog.
- The preferred candidate has experience in RTL simulation with VHDL, Verilog, and SystemVerilog. UVM
- Experience in FPGA Implementation Tools ( XILINX Vivado/ALTERA Libero SoC/ Python/Altera Quartus).
- Experience in handling Lab equipment (Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Function Generators, JTAG, and In-circuit de-buggers).
- Knowledge of ASIC technologies is a plus.