- Responsible for on time completion of the assigned upholstery tasks as per Technical Procedures Manual and workshop standards, and procedures stipulated by regulatory authorities.
- Carry out upholstery maintenance tasks such as fabrication and repair of seat covers, leather components, arm caps, insulation blankets under the supervision of Lead Mechanic.
- Check the serviceability of production equipment such as sewing machine, cutting machine, etc. and report any discrepancies as per the guidelines given by authorities.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams’ objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams’ objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Introduce workflow patterns for better Controllability, Tracking and monitoring.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Ensure that in performance of the role, all uses, disclosures and requests of any information (in any form) are done in accordance with data protection principles adopted by the QR Group and are limited to what is reasonably required to accomplish the intended business purposes of the use, disclosure or request.
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures regarding the use, processing, disclosure and security of any information (in any form) and ensure that all staff under my direct supervision are aware of and comply.
- Consult the Group’s Data Protection Officer in matters related to data protection and privacy as appropriate.
- Ensure the confidentiality, security and protection of all information handled in the course of duties is maintained at all times from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, deletion/destruction, corruption, modification, inspection or recording.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Aware of general environmental principles and tools and assist your department in achieving Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Without a Degree:
- High School Qualification with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
With a Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 1 year of job-related experience
- Not Applicable
- Former Experience in the field of upholstery work.
▪ Good knowledge of fabrication of cabin interior covers using technical drawings/ templates / samples. ▪ Good knowledge of material and cutting process of aircraft interior upholstery fabrications.
Job Specific Skills
- Able to predominantly continue with assigned tasks without supervision, under normal conditions, to meet set productivity standards.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment or tooling relating to work area.
- Responsible for the completion of any assigned tasks within frame work of procedures and set timeframes.
- Detailed knowledge of workshop products and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of materials and maintenance process of aircraft interior furnishings.
- Interpret information over a range of activities related to shop work scope to maintain satisfactory continuous operation.